I’m fully aware it’s winter and that I am doing a self tanner review in winter. But this is the time of year I need it most!
I do my research year round on self tanners and came across this highly rated self tanner, that not only tans but is also good for your skin too. My inner Esthetician stopped right there and told me I must try this out!
I received the Tanceuticals CC Self Tanning tanning lotion dark , Tanceuticals CC Self tanning face lotion dark and a Mitt from Tanceuticals in return for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Just a little history, some brands I have tried within the last year are Fake Bake Flawless Darker, St. Tropez Tanning Mousse, Adonia Bronzing and TanWise.
I apply tanner at night and rinse it off in the morning. The color I achieved from this product (after the first initial rinse off) is pictured in the after photo above. Both photos are taken in natural daylight with no filters. I’ve been testing it out for a couple weeks so I could better give you my review.
- Exfoliate! Just add lots of sugar to your body wash and scrub til pink!
- Only lightly moisturize knees elbows toes.
- Let body dry off from shower completely.
- Use mitt for body
- Purchase elf makeup brush to apply the face lotion like a foundation. Can be used for other parts of body too such as feet and hands, it gives a really even application.
- The smell is amazing! It smells strongly of coconuts. No DHA tanner smell right off the bat. Although the next morning I could faintly smell it (although my sense of smell is heightened since I’m pregnant!)
- No color guard. This could be a con for some but it was a nice change for me, the lotion is a cream color. I’ve been used to tanners that come out dark green/black and make you look all dirty after application. Not to mention you have to hide yourself from company!
- Absorbs extremely fast and is not sticky. Leaves skin feeling moisturized.
- The price is on point compared to some of the others I have bought. $24.95 for body lotion, and $19.95 for face lotion.
- It wasn’t as dark as I would have liked it, but hey it’s winter and I don’t really want to stick out like a sore thumb. I just want a nice glow and that’s what you’ll get with this set.
- The next morning I smelled only the slightest amount of DHA only because I was looking for it (smelling for it?). It was very subtle and still the best smelling tanner I’ve used.
- It didn’t last super long, like 3 days. But your tan does fade faster when you exfoliate/shave.
All in all I love the fact that it is CC (color + correct) and it feels great on my skin! For more information visit Tanceuticals.com.